Patients Rights and Responsibilities
Patients have the right to:
- Receive treatment from a General Practitioner (GP service).
- Have the treatment explained to you.
- Have a friend or relative with you.
- To be on time for appointments.
- Inform the surgery if you cannot keep an appointment.
- Inform the surgery or any hospital department or clinic you are attending if you have moved home or changed your telephone number.
- Use emergency services responsibly.
- Treat all health care staff politely.